Friday, September 21, 2018

Simple Techniques 2: Add Color

Another easy technique I like that makes an impact is adding some color. I enjoy working with chalk as it is more forgiving than markers and mistakes can be erased with a pencil eraser. It also quickly covers large areas and is easy to blend. I often use it for large areas rather than marker or paint. I like the smudgy look because it creates dimension and even movement in the image. Here is an example.

  • Chalk can easily be erased with a pencil eraser. 
  • I do not seal the chalk with a fixative or other product since I'm not using a lot of chalk nor layering. 
  • Extra balls can be made from cotton balls or I purchase white balls from the pom pom section at the craft store.


Here are a couple cards from my collection that the artist simply added color and the carving came to life!
by Sunia
by Linden Leah




No comments:

Post a Comment